CLICK HERE 2023 Tax List
Property Tax Collection for the Town of Clearfield.
If you no longer own the property described on the tax bill, it is your responsibility to forward it to the new owner immediately.
The 2023 Property Tax Year Collection of the Town of Clearfield
will be collecting property taxes by MAIL ONLY.
The town letter will be posted in the three locations and on this website. If you have any questions please feel free to contact the Town Clerk, Cindy Suzda at (608) 547-3543 or email [email protected]
- There will be NO appointments made.
- MAIL ONLY — NO EXCEPTIONS.
- No dropping Taxes in the personal mailbox.
- The first installment is due on or before January 31, 2024, payable to the Town of Clearfield. Mail to Town of Clearfield Treasurer, Joleen Stanton, N8605 Ria Lane, New Lisbon, WI 53950.
- Second installment is due on or before July 31, 2024, payable to Juneau County Treasurer, Denise Giebel, 220 E State Street, Mauston, WI 53948. Do not send the second payment to the Town of Clearfield Treasurer.
- All personal property taxes, private forest crops, managed forestlands, and special charges are to be paid in full on or before January 31, 2024.
- Real estate taxes of $99.00 or less per parcel must be paid in full by January 31, 2024.
- Dog license payment is due by April 1, 2024, to avoid any late charges or penalties. Please Note all Dog Licenses are being issued by the Juneau County Clerk's Office starting in December 2021. So please do not mail your dog licenses to the Town Treasurer. Please submit them to the Juneau County Clerk's Office. NOT to the Town Treasurer.
- Enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope with your tax remittance if you wish to have your tax receipt, and/or copy of the tax list mailed back to you. Be sure to specify what information you want. There is a $5.00 charge for a paper copy of the tax list.
- Refunds for taxes paid by escrow account checks will be identified and included in the next scheduled payments made under Wisconsin Statute 66.042. This would be the next regular monthly Board Meeting; these are held on the second Tuesday of each month. Refund checks must have Board approval before they can be issued. Refunds under $5.00 will not be made.
- No Cash! Personal Checks, Cashier’s Checks, or Money Orders Only!
- Any further questions please feel free to contact the Treasurer, Joleen Stanton, at (608) 562-5746. Address: Town of Clearfield, N8605 Ria Lane, New Lisbon WI 53950.